Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Sep 29, 2010

Boring Post that Doesn't Deserve a Title

School is going really well, except for the grades and the Monday through Friday thing and the I'm not really a math person but I still chose accounting for some reason thing.

When I get a good grade, I'm all "Yay, I'm so freakin' smart!" And when I get a bad grade, I'm all "Damn people won't let me concentrate!"  Today, I got a second chance on a test, because there was one section in which I had to convert the symbol for bond prices into the actual bond price for a $1000 bond.  Then, there was another section later on that I had to do the same thing.  Only, I guess I didn't have to do the same thing, because she gave it back to me and said "You can redo this, it looks like you were thinking it was the same as the one before, but...well, just read it."  I'm all "Ohhhhh, ok." and I take it back to my desk.  Only the thing is, I still thought it was the same thing.  So I read it again and chewed on my pencil a little bit.  Then I erased all my answers and read it again.  Then I looked at the clock because for some reason, my eyes always start watering at 1:30, and they were watering so I checked to see, and yes, it was 1:30.  Then I still didn't know what in the world I was trying to do so I just wrote some numbers with dollar signs and I hope they were right.

What I hate about missing answers on the tests is that my teacher is very one-on-one, so she always takes the time to make sure you understand what was wrong and why, which is great in the accounting class.  But this particular class is Electronic Calculator, because we have to be able to go all fast on those things because that is the closest thing to cool people in accounting get.  I'm pretty fast, so I think it doesn't really matter to the calculator world if I don't know how much a stock costs, right?  I'm not really a stock market kind of person, I'm more of a whoops, the power's out again, guess I need to pay for electricity now kind of person.  My hope is to never care about the stock market outside of its affect on the job market, and I don't need to be able to read ticker tape for that, it's why we have news anchors.  However, I did learn what ticker tape means (it's the thing that doctors use to keep pacemakers where they belong), so that's something, at least.

So after I turned in the redone test, I had to ask for the next test in the same class, because that's really why I went to school today in the first place.  Then I sat down and promptly forgot everything on that test, because I had spent so long staring at the one before it, which means I'm probably not really absorbing this information, but also means that I should have shut my mouth and played on Facebook instead of being all studious and over-achieving trying to knock out the rest of that class in one week.  But things happen, so I did the best I could, and I'm done with the calculator class.  Now I have to take a 10-Key class, which I hope is more about the cool fast-button-pushing thing than it is about the stock market, because the screwy class titles are upsetting me.