Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Sep 26, 2010

Hospitality

Ha!  Gotcha!  Mwuahahahahahahahahaha!!!!  :::twirls evil-villain mustache:::  I just scared some people.  That was your early Halloween gift, Miss Lady Who Wouldn't Want to Read About Hospitality. 

I won't talk about hospitality at all.  Because one time, I was at a function, and I heard a woman claim that she was given the "gift" of hospitality.  The thing is, my husband was in the hospital that week, I had given birth to my sixth child a couple weeks before this event, and my husband was in charge of bringing some of the supplies for this event. (You can read about this time here.) I heard about these "supplies" about an hour before the event, and I was told to bring them.  I didn't even know what they were.  So I gathered up what I could and went. 

They were wrong.  So I took my baby and my other five kids to WalMart to get the right ones, only the thing was, those supplies don't even exist.  So I went back to the event, where the queen of hospitality yelled at me for not getting it right, told me I ruined the event and that I had wasted a lot of peoples' time, and made me cry.  I managed to get myself under control after half a Xanax and thirty minutes crying in my car, and went back inside just in time to hear all about her hospitality.  From her own mouth.  So, I don't really believe in hospitality, because my thought is that people who say they are hospitable probably see it as a chore, and that shows.  Truly hospitable people are naturally welcoming because they are just that way, and they don't think enough about it to call themselves hospitable. 

So I won't talk about that.  :)

Instead, I am going to spend the rest of my writing time on a special project that I may or may not link on this blog.  Maybe on the Catholic blog...I just don't know, ok? 

Please pray for a dear friend who is seriously ill in the hospital since yesterday, and for his wife, his children and grandkids, and all of the "kids" to whom he's been like a second dad.