Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Sep 7, 2010

Chats with Shucks 3

We got one of these:



Hence the following conversation:

Me:  Ooo lookie, Shucks!  This will be perfect for you while we're at school.

Shucks:  What?  It's water, what's so special about that?

Me:  It dispenses the water, Shucks. 

Shucks: oooo-kay.

:::neighbor's dog comes up and drinks a bunch of the water:::

Shucks:  :::DEATH BARK:::  :::pees himself a little:::  :::hides behind the porch railing:::

Me:  What's wrong, Shucksie?

Shucks:  GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!  It tried to eeeeat me, it tried to eeeeeat me!  Make it go away!

Me:  What are you talking about?  It's just water.

Shucks:  Angel (the neighbor's dog) took a sip, and it growled at her.  I heard it.  And it made these weird bubbly things in its belly.  Please take it away.  I don't need water.  I'll be fine.

Me:  Growled?  The water growled at you?  Really, Shucks?  Really?

Shucks:  No, smart ass, the dispenser growled at me. 

Me:  Um...I don't think so, dude.

Shucks:  :::death bark:::  stand back, I'm gonna' take care of this.

Me:  You're hurting my ears.

Shucks:  Ok, fine, just watch for a second, it'll growl again.

Me:  ...

Shucks:  :::watches patiently:::  :::Death Bark, just in case:::

Me:  :::taps foot:::

Water Dispenser:  :::drips a little water from the foot-tapping and then bubbles/gurgles as more water is dispensed:::

Shucks:  Noooooooo...stop the tapping!!!  It's gonna' get you, and I have to tell you, I'm not going to save your sorry butt, because I warned you.  As soon as I chew through this rope, I'm outta' here, and you can deal with the dispenser monster all alone.

Me:  :::explains the gurgling using extremely technical terms, and fully disproves the monster-ness of the dispenser, sounding highly intelligent and looking amazing at the same time:::

Shucks:  Both your beauty and intelligence are wasted on me, woman.  I'm not going near that thing.

----------------------------------------------

Three days later:

Shucks:  :::gasps::: water!  I need water!

Me:  It's right there, being dispensed, yo.  Go have some.

Shucks:  Fine.  You win.  But if I get eaten, I will come back to haunt you.

Me:  Done.  But if you try to haunt me, I'll sic the toilet on you.