Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Sep 8, 2010

Today Happened

So, if you read this, you know I'm not exactly "with" my husband anymore.  That's because I just don't have a high tolerance.  At least, that's what he tells me.  As of last week, we have to mess with the ugly "D" word.  It's kind of a bummer.

Here are some things I miss:

I used to be able to sit cross-legged in my computer chair while I wrote this pointless blog.  Now, I can't, because my awesome computer chair has been replaced with a tiny one.  I don't know where the awesome one went, but it's gone, and I miss it dreadfully.

I miss having boots.  I used to work in a western-wear store 14 years ago, and I had lots of boots.  Now, I don't, and I kind of want some.

I miss last Saturday night.  I had peace for one whole night.  Peace, I miss you, dude.

Wow, listing my feelings like that was very therapeutic.  I'm glad I got it out.  I feel much better now.

Here are some things I still have, and I'm very grateful for them:

Kids
Dog
Family
Friends
Computer
Coffee
Bad attitude (my own, I don't like yours)
A LOVE for diesel engines that surpasses any mortal understanding
ALL the power tools, yo
This amazing blog
The ability to sleep and drive (no, I'm really good at it)
Smart alec skilz
My low-skilled but high-paying and excessively dishonorable job (it's pretend, though)

So, I guess things aren't too bad after all.