Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Sep 6, 2010

Why my kids want to go live somewhere else...

Today, I had the pleasure of being told by my children that they want to move away.  Well, five of them do, the other one happens to not be ungrateful...or he knows how to play the game.  Either way, props to him.  On the other hand, I can hardly blame them.  Here are their reasons:

1. They want to go to a different school.  Absolutely, the school they attend is one of the best in the nation.  Best = hard, yo.  I have actually complained about this school in a previous post, so I don't have much ground on which to stand here.  However, I'm pretty sure that "school is hard" is a common childhood complaint no matter what school you attend, so they probably won't get many supporters based on that one.

2. They want to see their old friends more often.  Never mind the fact that they never saw them when we lived there, and half of them have moved away.  We also won't mention the fact that they just totally said that they would rather see their friends than their own mother...like I said, ungrateful...Also?  Not Cool, because I am a cool mom, and all kids should want to spend time with me.  Mine are obviously crazy, because what kid in their right mind would choose friends over Mom???)

3. Work.  Because I have my kids Monday through Friday, and those are school/homework/housework days.  On the weekends, it's all fun and games, and guess what?  That's not at my house.  They would like to see less work and more video games, please.  A valid argument, your honor.

4.  This one is truly the most important, and also the reason I may go ahead and let them go:  Ice Cream.  If they lived elsewhere, there would be ice cream every day.  So, psh, yeah.  I wanna' go live there, too.  I didn't realize about the free ice cream.  I wonder if it's Ben and Jerry's...I should ask, because that would definitely be a convincing point.