Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Sep 21, 2010

Life Truths, from Me to You

So that the entire world, nay, the entire Interwebz! (Mars is online, right?) can benefit from my experiences of the last two weeks, I will try to narrow it down to

Ten Life Truths:

1. If you wear enough eyeliner, people are afraid of you. 
2. Sandwiches are always better if someone else makes them.

...

I meant Two Life Truths.  Yeah.  Because what else really matters, anyway? 

Today was D-day for us...as in DHS day.  It went fine, but they showed up right when I was leaving to pick up the kids from school.  They looked around the house, and made an appointment to come back tomorrow.  That'll be a fun talk.  I'm going to love every second of that talk.  No, really.  Because if you have a bully, but you can't tell their mom, your teacher, your counselor, or the principle, I think you get to tell DHS.  And they won't care, either, but it'll feel good to tattle.  And I'll be all "nah-nah-nah-nah-boo-boo!  I told on youuuuuu!"  And stick my tongue out and stuff.  Oh, how I miss kindergarten.

My dog just said that somebody is outside, so if this post ends here, call the police and my mommy, then rush over with cookies, because I kind of deserve cookies after the week I've had, and I don't think it's cool that my mom went out of town and didn't bring me any cookies first.  If the post continues, please be informed that my dog is a LIAR, and he tells me that bad guys are outside because he thinks he can convince me that there really was a bad guy before Shucks scared him away with his Death Bark.  So when I run to the window to check, he goes like this:

"Didja see the bad guy?  Didja, Didja?  Of course you didn't, because I skeered him away!  Cookie time!"

So he gets a cookie, because I can afford to send him to badass school and cookies for barking is really the best I can do right now.  Do you think there is a DHS for dogs?  Will they get upset about the cookie thing?  Or the badass thing, I wonder?  Or maybe his porch isn't clean enough for him...perhaps I don't clean up his poo fast enough?  Or maybe he needs better chow....dang it...I'll bet the Human DHS called the Dog DHS on me and now I'm in trouble with every-damn-body.  I knew this would happen.  I wonder if they interviewed him while I was off doing sinister things like laundry and dishes...oh I'm in trouuuuuuuubllllllle. 

Crap!  What if there's a DHS for Jason F. Brown...I know I've abused him.  All three of him.  Poor wittle Jason F. Brown...if there's a DHS for you, please don't call them on me, because I'm seriously booked till Christmas.  Wait a minute....Is there a DHS for Christmas?  Oh, man, because I know I am guilty of over-decorating at best, and could possibly be charged with bad karaoke on Christmas night. Actually, bad karaoke quite often...

...uh....

....there's not a DHS for karaoke, is there? 

Aw, crap.