Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Sep 24, 2010

Teaching Children Proper Racism

I am the most un-judgemental person ever born.  Well, no I'm not, but I like to say that.  I am only racist against a few people, namely: men who drive pickups yet are still rude (I take offense to this, as I always expect them to be nice), people who are judgemental or racist against anything that I'm not racist against, people who don't like me, and people who call DHS on me.  See?  That's not too bad, right?  None of the usualy stereotypes, so I think I'm good. 

By virtue of heredity, my kids should be good in this area, as well, but here is the conversation I had with my almost ten year old son this evening:

Warrick:  Were any of our ancestors cowboys?

Me:  Not that I know of.

Warrick:  Really?  How is that possible?

Me:  Well, I don't know...I just don't think they were.

Warrick:  So we don't have any Indian blood and we're not cowboys....what are we?  Mexicans?

Me:  PAHAHAHAHA! 

Warrick:  What?  Are we part Mexican, part cowboy?  No.... that doesn't even make sense!